The course will teach assessment techniques used to uncover deficiencies in existing processes and identify areas of improvement.
The assessment technique uses a comparative approach, assessing current practice in all major elements of CM to internationally recognized industry best practice as defined in the recently updated SAE-EIA-649 Rev C Standard for Configuration Management. Students will also learn about other major industry standards and quality initiatives such as ANSI/EIA-649, CMMI, ITIL, MIL-HDBK-61, that may be referenced in assessments.
Attendees must have completed CMPIC Course 6, “SAE EIA-649C Principles & Applications Certification”
This advanced course is designed for CM professionals who are responsible for improving CM processes in their organization.
CLASS SCHEDULE & OUTLINE
- Day 1
- The Core Elements of Configuration Management
- Assessment Planning and Preparation
- Assessment Techniques
- Workshop #1: Set Up an Assessment
- Assessing “CM Planning and Management”
- Day 2
- Assessing “Configuration Identification”
- Assessing “Configuration Change Management”
- Assessing “Configuration Status Accounting”
- Assessing “Configuration Verification and Audit”
- Workshop #2: Determine Key Findings
- Day 3
- The Assessment Report
- Workshop #3: Prepare the Assessment Report
- Review and Feedback
- Certification Exam
2.5 days in Munich or Online
The current schedule, prices and online registration can be found here at our Partner Philotech Academy or simply write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org